Mama Club Volunteering and Donating
Community involvement makes Mama Club happen! There are so many needs and opportunities. We have a place for you, whatever your passion and whatever your time or monetary resources! Find your niche below, and contact the volunteer coordinator.
Monetarily or Materially
- Gift cards in $10-$20 increments can be used for door prizes or emergency support of a teen or her child
- $25 per month covers the cost of paper goods and plastic ware used during Mama Club meals.
- $75 provides a book of bus tickets to help Mama Club girls get to pick-up locations or to job interviews.
- $150 per month covers the utility costs for climate control of the nursery and education room used by Mama Club.
- $800 provides one week of summer camping experience for a teen and one child; additional children are $200 each
- New or gently used baby and children's clothing (newborn to size 5T), shoes, crib and bassinet sheets, toys, educational and developmentally-stimulating toys for ages 2-5, and equipment such as car seats, bassinets/cribs, strollers, high chairs, bouncers, etc. for inclusion in the Mama Closet.
Behind the Scenes
- Meal Providers prepare or order from a restaurant, caterer, etc., a Thursday evening meal to feed 50 during Mama Club support group. Suggestions, guidelines, and available dates provided.
- Diaper Coordinator to make weekly inventory, and purchase and package diapers for distribution at Mama Club.
- Coordinate a Diaper Drive at your church, among your professional organizations, neighborhood, etc.
- Process Donations from the community and arrange them in our "Mama Closet" for distribution.
- Join the Pit Crew to provide weekly cleaning and occasional decorating assistance.
In the Thick of Things
- Childcare Givers needed from 5:30-8:30 p.m. each Thursday in our nursery while their Mamas are in support group. Volunteer once or as often as you wish. General Application required.
- Mentor Moms develop emotionally-supportive relationships with teen moms; attend Mama Club a minimum of two times per month; meet with Mentee weekly unless life circumstances prohibit; maintain weekly telephone contact with Mentee. Contact Diane Brown for an interview. Client Contact application required.
- Support Team needed on Thursday evenings for various tasks during Mama Club; i.e., assisting with registration, check-in, paperwork, socializing with clients and children. General Application required.
- YoungLife Committee members desiring to work with Area Young Life Director J.P. Harris for prayer, vision- and goal-setting in our partnership with YoungLife Brazos Valley.